LancasterHistory.org is your comprehensive history center for Lancaster County history! At LancasterHistory.org, you can…:
- Take a guided tour of Wheatland, home of 15th US President James Buchanan
- Stroll the Louise Arnold Tanger Arboretum and the American Conifer Society Dwarf Conifer Reference Garden
- Take in the Exhibition Galleries, featuring the newest exhibition, FREEDOM: “to secure the Blessings of Liberty”
- Tap into the expertise of our staff, who together have more than 100 years of experience in genealogy, Lancaster County history, and scholarly research
- Take a piece of history home with you when you shop at The Museum Store
- Attend one of our many events, many of which are low cost, free, or kid-friendly.
We encourage those interested in visiting to check our hours and also visit our website to view any upcoming closings, particularly around the holidays.
Travel Advice for Visitors in November 2018: President James Buchanan’s Wheatland closes for approximately one week before Thanksgiving to prepare for Yuletide at Wheatland. Please check our Hours & Admission webpage to plan your visit around this closing.
NARM Members receive the following benefits at LancasterHistory.org: free General Admission* (includes a guided tour of Wheatland and admission to our exhibition galleries), free admission to the Research Library, and 10% off your purchase in The Museum Store. NARM members do not receive the full roster of LancasterHistory.org membership benefits; only the NARM membership benefits. To enjoy full LancasterHistory.org membership benefits, we encourage you to join our organization as a member.
(*Except for special programs such as Yuletide at Wheatland and other ticketed events.)
Our organization’s definition of a Family Membership is for two (2) adults or two (2) seniors 65+ and children living at the same residence.
If you have any questions about visiting LancasterHistory.org or using your NARM benefits at LancasterHistory.org, please call Emily Miller, Marketing & Development Officer, at 717-392-4633 ext. 133 or by email at [email protected].
VISITOR FAQS & ACCESSIBILITY:
For help in planning your visit to LancasterHistory.org and learn more about our facility’s accessibility, please visit our FAQ webpage on our website.