Official state history museum & home of the California Hall of Fame located one block south of the State Capitol in downtown Sacramento
The California Museum educates visitors on the Golden State’s history and unique influence on the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive exhibits and engaging programs, the Museum inspires visitors to make their own mark on history. Permanent exhibits include:
- California Hall of Fame
- California Indians: Making A Difference
- California Missions: A Journey Along the El Camino Real
- California’s Remarkable Women
- Constitution Wall
- Health Happens Here
- Sesquicentennial Quilt: A California Legacy
- Uprooted! Japanese Americans During WWII
- We Are All Californians: Stories of Modern Immigration
In addition, a number of short-term exhibits covering a variety of California-related topics are also open through the year. For a list of programming, please visit CaliforniaMuseum.org.
*NARM privileges may be restricted for concerts/lectures/special exhibitions and ticketed events.
^NARM reciprocal admission not extended to members of institutions that restrict California Museum members or on fundraising and ticketed events.